Business Services - Southern Maryland JobSource
Southern Maryland JobSource locations offer many easy and convenient services to assist you to meet the personnel needs of your business cost-effectively and efficiently. These include:
- Maryland Workforce Exchange - Create an account, post and update your own job orders, search for qualified applicants through our on-line talent bank and access important economic development information. These services are also provided by local One Stop offices or participating agencies. Federal Employer ID number (FEIN) required.
- Labor Market and Workforce Information
- Connections with government and community agencies
- Connections with local educational and training institutions
- Assistance in the recruitment and/or hiring of individuals with disabilities
- Technical assistance concerning state and federal labor laws, pre-employment inquiries, and equal opportunity/affirmative action information.
- Access required posters for display at your business.
- Facility use in recruitment efforts with access to telephones, fax machines, copiers and internet.
- Targeted and customized job fairs and recruitment activities.
- Migrant and seasonal farm worker services
To connect with these services, simply e-mail or call our offices:
Many of our services are also available online:
College of Southern Maryland offers wide variety of non-credit educational opportunities through the Continuing Education & Training Division of the College of Southern Maryland. Courses in almost any subject area desired by local businesses, agencies and groups can be custom designed to fit your needs.
Connect with Training Programs - Training incentives available through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act may include: On-the-Job Training (OJT), cooperative programs (workplace & instruction), skills upgrade training, entrepreneurial, occupational skills, job readiness, and customized training.
Connect with Job Seekers on the Internet - Recruitment through your American Job Center is quick and easy with no charge to the employer or job seeker. Automation allows your openings to reach candidates conducting their own job search.
Maryland Workforce Exchange is Maryland's source for information and services for job seekers and employers. Post openings and search resumes at no cost to you. Entering postings in the Maryland Workforce Exchange will also post to America's Job Exchange and Job Central.
Your American Job Center has dedicated veteran staff working exclusively with veterans to help reduce your training and recruiting costs. Services include: hiring assistance to federal contractors, information concerning Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Project (Grant Information) and other information pertaining to veterans hiring.
Connect with Incentive Programs - Money saving incentives on wages and taxes can be obtained through special programs. Federal and State Tax Credits reduce an employer's cost of doing business and require little paperwork. The success and growth of these credits for private-sector employers depend on a strong public-and private-sector partnership.
If you are receiving Community Development Block Grant (CBDG) incentives, your American Job Center can assist in recruiting low to moderate income applicants. The Department of Commerce can also assist your business with additional financing programs.
Connect with Workforce Data - As part of the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation, your American Job Center can put you in touch with DLLR's Office of Workforce Information and Performance office for free information concerning labor trends and market conditions within the state.
- WebTax - Your secure online source for employer information
- File and Pay your taxes on-line
- File prior quarter tax returns
- WebWage - allows even large employers to file on-line
- Change your address
- Review and print quarterly benefit charge statements
- Review your account history
- Review and print annual rating notices
- Request to close your account
- Submit a Request for Separation Information Online
- Quarterly Contribution & Wage Reporting FTP Transfer Site
- New Employer Account Registration
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Employer UI information
- Employment Related Posters
- Employer's Quick Reference Guide - Everything an employer should know about unemployment insurance
- Business Transfer Report - Use this Word report to notify DLLR when transferring workforce or payroll from one business entity to another.