GED® Testing in Maryland - Adult Education and Literacy Services
The Maryland GED® Office will be closed for Professional Development on Friday, June 2, 2017.
GENERAL GED® TESTING INFORMATION
Visit MyGED® for information and to register for the current GED® test.
- There are four GED® test modules: Reasoning through Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematical Reasoning. A passing score for each module is 145.
- Maryland subsidizes the cost of initial GED® testing for each module. See Test Information for Maryland’s GED® testing fee structure.
- Testers are limited to a total of three tests per module per calendar year. If additional retests are needed, the tester must wait until January 1 of the next year to schedule retest(s).
- The GED® test modules can only be taken at approved Testing Centers; the public Testing Centers are located throughout Maryland. See the Test Center Locator.
- The GED® test is available only on computer; test scores from prior test series cannot be combined with scores received in January 2014 or after.
- Currently enrolled students are not permitted to take the GED® test. Maryland’s Compulsory Attendance Law, effective July 1, 2015, states that students may not withdraw from school before the age of 17. Effective July 1, 2017, students may not withdraw from school before the age of 18.
- Homeless youth may contact the GED® Office at 410-767-0538 for registration information.
GED® Score Change FAQs for Students
GED® Score Change FAQs for Educators
Preparacíon para el GED®
Taking the GED® Test
Cómo realizar el examen GED®
GED® Brochure (in color)
GED® Brochure (in black and white)
GED® Folleto (en español)
WARNING: Any advertised GED® "diploma service" or "purchase of a GED® diploma" is fraudulent. Please contact the GED® Office at 410-767-0538 to report offers of diplomas for sale.
GED® Testing Service, through Maryland's Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, is the ONLY official provider of a Maryland High School diploma earned through GED® testing.