If you have additional questions regarding EARN Maryland,
please contact Mary
Keller at 443-690-9159 or Deborah
Wesley at 410-767-2454.
to EARN Maryland mailing list to receive Program and Grant updates, learn about up-coming EARN-funded Training Opportunities, and more!
EARN Maryland Partnerships
EARN Maryland Resource Page
- Find information on the EARN Maryland Program's history, Sector Strategies in general, and other states' experiences with similar initiatives.
EARN Maryland Pressroom – EARN Maryland Press
Releases, and EARN In the News.
What is EARN Maryland?
EARN Maryland is a new state-funded, competitive workforce development grant program that is industry-led,
regional in focus and a proven strategy for helping businesses cultivate the skilled workforce they need to compete.
It is flexible and innovative, designed to ensure that Maryland employers have the talent they need to compete and
grow in an ever-changing 21st century economy.
EARN Maryland aims to:
- Address the demands of businesses by focusing intensively on the workforce needs of a specific industry
sector over a sustained period.
- Address the needs of workers by creating formal career paths to good jobs, reducing barriers to employment,
and sustaining or growing middle class jobs.
- Encourage mobility for Maryland's most hard-to-serve jobseekers through job readiness training that may
include GED preparation, occupational skills development, literacy advancement, and transportation and child
How Does EARN Maryland Work?
EARN Maryland invests in strategic industry partnerships from key economic sectors in every region. These
partnerships will use the power of coordination across education, workforce and economic development initiatives
to address the multiple needs of companies, starting with the training of skilled workers. Once formed, the
partnerships will develop plans to train and educate workers - and place them in meaningful employment.
- Employers and other potential Partner Organizations: Sign up for our exciting web portal,
EARN MD CONNECT! - EARN MD CONNECT allows EARN Maryland Partnerships,
Partners, and organizations interested in the program to find one another, share information, and collaborate within and between Partnerships. Organizations
who work with potential job seekers are encouraged to sign up so that EARN Partnerships may contact you to develop a workforce pipeline.
- Individual job-seekers to receive announcement of upcoming EARN-funded training opportunities
and recruitment events, SUBSCRIBE
HERE. To explore additional employment opportunities, including positions hiring now, we encourage you to visit the Department of Labor,
Licensing and Regulation's Maryland Workforce Exchange.
Information on Prior Grant Rounds