Electronic Licensing and Online Forms
If you are unable to complete your transaction due to unexplained problems, you may need to update your browser. You may upgrade to the latest version of your browser by clicking on browser updates and information.
Occupational and Professional Electronic Licensing
- Certified Interior Designers
- Certitifed Public Accountants
- Home Improvement
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Contractors
- Individual Tax Preparers
- Landscape Architects
- Land Surveyors
- Master Electricians
- Professional Engineers
- Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies and Home Inspectors
- Real Estate Commission
- Secondhand Precious Metal Objects Dealers and Pawnbrokers
- Stationary Engineers
Link to Health Profession Licensing in Maryland (Department of Health and Mental Hygiene)
Specific directions for each licensing program and category are detailed on their application pages. The screens will take you step-by-step through the application process. Here are a few general instructions to remember:
- For best results, we recommend using the most recent version of your browser to access the electronic licensing programs. You can update your browser at no additional cost by visiting our browser information section.
- To sign on, use the registration number and license type as they appear on the form, that we sent you. You will also need a password, which the system will help you select online. If you are applying for a new (original) business permit or for a reciprocal, temporary, limited or new apprentice license, simply complete the desired application online. A sign-on is not necessary.
- When you submit your application, if you fail to complete any required items on the application screens or enter invalid data (e.g., an invalid date), you will be presented with an error message. Use your browser's "back" button to return to previous screens to correct the indicated missing or invalid information.
- Before submitting your credit card information, it is advisable to review your application. You may review previous screens by using your browser's "back" and "forward" buttons.
Please contact us, if you have any questions - 410-230-6231 or 1-888-218-5925 (toll free).
Hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (EST/EDT).
To safeguard your personal information, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layers), the industry-standard online transaction security method. SSL encrypts all of your licensing application so that no part of it, including your license registration number, password, Social Security Number, name or credit card number, can be read in transit by some third party. Consequently, your information is safer when you renew online through SSL than when you make a credit card purchase in a restaurant or a store. Review DLLR's privacy statement.
The Internet is a worldwide public network that millions of people use daily. The time it takes to complete your licensing transaction will vary based on the number of people sharing the Internet. It is difficult to tell you precisely how long it will take to complete your licensing transaction. The best we can do is to give you an estimate. The best time will be between 5 and 10 minutes. The worst time will be between 15 and 20 minutes.Should the response time in communicating with our website be unacceptable, we recommend trying early in the day or during non-business hours. If you have a technical problem in completing your transaction, please click on the link below and complete the online form. Please be prepared to enter the following:
- Your full name;
- The board for which you wish to apply for or renew your license;
- Your registration number, if applicable;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your fax number, if applicable;
- The type of web browser and version;
- The date and time you experienced the problem; and
- A description of the problem.