Continuing Education Requirements (Number of Hours and Course Content Required) - Real Estate Commission
Continuing education is to be completed during the term of the license and prior to submitting a renewal application. Licensees must complete all hours due for each renewal period prior to submitting a reactivation application. You must complete CE and renew to remain inactive!
SALESPERSONS AND ASSOCIATE BROKERS
RESIDENTIAL Salespersons and Associate Brokers
• 15 hours which includes 3.0 legislative, 3.0 MREC Agency-residential, 3.0 ethics, 1.5 fair housing (required classes); the remaining 4.5 hours are electives
Commercial Designation (SOLELY - NO RESIDENTIAL BUSINESS) Salespersons and Assoc. Brokers
• 15 hours which includes 3.0 legislative, 3.0 MREC Agency-commerical, 3.0 ethics (required classes); the remaining 6.0 hours are electives
BROKERS AND DESIGNATED BRANCH OFFICE MANAGERS OR TEAM LEADERS
RESIDENTIAL Brokers, Branch Office Managers or Team Leaders
• 15 hours which includes 3.0 legislative, 3.0 MREC Agency-residential, 3.0 ethics, 3.0 supervision, 1.5 fair housing (required classes); the remaining 1.5 hours are electives
Commercial Designation (SOLELY - NO RESIDENTIAL BUSINESS) Brokers, Branch Managers or Team leaders
• 15 hours which includes 3.0 legislative, 3.0 MREC Agency-commerical, 3.0 ethics, 3.0 supervision (required classes); the remaining 3.0 hours are electives
- Legislative topic (A), ethics topic (D), and agency topic (H) are required Maryland courses for all licensees.
- Fair housing topic (C) is required for all licensees with a residential license.
- Supervision topic (I) is required for all brokers, designated branch office managers and team leaders.
- The ethics course must include MD Code of Ethics, Flipping and Predatory Lending.
- NAR ethics is not a substitute for the Maryland required ethics course.
Attention Brokers, Branch Office Managers, and Team Leaders – Once a licensee assumes a supervisory position as a broker, BOM, or team leader, he or she will have 90 days to complete 3 clock hours of MREC Required Supervision Course, if he or she didn’t already complete it for his/her last renewal.
If you hold a license in another state, hours may be considered toward your Maryland ELECTIVES. To find out, e-mail the out-of-state CE course completion certificate(s) to email@example.com at least 30 days prior to the expiration of your license. If recognized, the hours credited will be entered into your licensing record and an eNotice sent to your e-mail address of record. You may verify credits earned online.
NOTE – Maryland does not recognize post-licensing education.