For Consumers - Home Improvement Commission
Maryland Citizens Urged to Use Licensed Contractors
The Maryland Department of Labor's Division of Occupational & Professional Licensing urges Maryland citizens that experienced damage to their homes to contact us to verify licensure status of contractors before they are hired to make repairs. Whether your repairs involve a damaged air conditioning unit or a complete home renovation, call 410-230-6231 to speak with a DLLR associate.
- What Services Are Considered “Home Improvement”?
- Consumer Advice
- About Lead
- The EPA’s Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule
- The EPA’s Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule FAQs
- Don't Be an Unlicensed Contractor's Next Victim!
- Maryland Door-to-Door Sales Act
- Advertising Requirements
- Maryland Home Improvement Contracts
- Basic Facts about the Maryland Service Contracts and Consumer Products Guaranty Act
- Understanding Arbitration
- Maryland Home Improvement Mediation Works for You!
- File a Complaint
- How to File a Complaint FAQs
- Maryland Home Improvement Commission Complaint Form (Word)
- Guaranty Fund FAQs
- Free Workshops on Filing Claims and the Guaranty Fund Process
- Residential Licensing Requirements for Green Technology
- About Mold
- Disciplinary Actions