Everyone is advised to always follow these tips:
- LOOK, READ and FOLLOW the posted rules.
- OBSERVE age, height and weight restrictions.
- FOLLOW instructions of the ride operator.
- CHECK that the ride operator is wearing an identification badge.
- KEEP hands, arms and legs inside at all times.
- USE safety equipment, such as seat belts and shoulder harnesses when provided.
- STAY in ride until it comes to a complete stop.
If the ride is operated by the rider, always:
- READ and FOLLOW the posted instructions.
- FOLLOW instructions for boarding and disembarking from the ride.
- REFRAIN from distracting or hazardous behavior to yourself or others.
Parents, to ensure your child’s safety, particularly small children, always:
- WATCH while the ride is in progress to monitor your child’s safety.
- OBSERVE the operator’s awareness of the operation and patron reaction.
- EXPLAIN appropriate and safe behavior to the child, such as remaining
seated, keeping hands and feet inside the ride and following the operator’s instructions.
- ASK the operator to stop the ride if your child cries or displays signs of distress.
If you see an amusement ride that does not appear safe, or you observe an
operator that does not comply with safety guidelines, notify a
park, fair or carnival official, and call, fax or email the
Amusement Ride Safety Inspection Unit at (410) 767-2990; fax -
(410) 333-7721; email - email@example.com.
For additional information, contact:
Division of Labor and Industry
Amusement Attraction Inspections
1100 N. Eutaw Street - Room 601
Baltimore, MD 21201
FAX: (410) 333-7683
Report Amusement Ride related accidents, injuries, unsafe conditions, questions or
concerns 24/7 to
Emergency telephone number: 410-767-2990