Contact Information - Unemployment Insurance
The Division of Unemployment Insurance accepts claims by phone or online.
If you live in a state other than Maryland and do not normally commute to Maryland to work, you must file your claim with the state where you worked. If you worked in a state other than the one where you now live or if you worked in multiple states, the state unemployment insurance agency where you now live can provide information about how to file your claim. You should contact your state's unemployment insurance program as soon as possible after becoming unemployed.
- If you need to reach a live claims agent to file a new claim or inquire about an existing claim, call 1-877-293-4125, toll free. Live claims agents are available from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday; and from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sunday.
- If you call during business hours, you may provide a callback number. When an agent becomes available, the system will call the number and connect you with an agent. You may also be offered the opportunity to connect with a virtual agent to have questions answered by smartphone.
Download the Contact information
|Live Agent Number
|Solicitud de beneficios del desempleo para la población de hable español - 301-313-8000 o 1-877-293-4125 (gratis solo en Maryland)|
File your claim certification each week
To connect with the IVR system, available 24/7, call 410-949-0022 or 1-800-827-4839, toll free. Please listen carefully as the voice and many prompts, like the weekly certification questions, have changed.
- Calling from the Baltimore area or out of state - 410 - 949 - 0022
- Calling from Maryland but outside of the Baltimore area - 1 - 800 - 827 - 4839
- For Hearing Impaired Only - For Maryland Relay dial 711