Apply for an Original Home Inspector License - Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies and Home Inspectors
- Download an application for home inspector license
NOTE: If you hold a Home Inspection license in good standing in one of the following states please consider applying for a reciprocal license. AZ, AR, CT, DE, FL, IL, IN,KY, LA, MA, MS, NV, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA,WV.
Reciprocal license application-Home Inspector (Word).
After completing the application, mail it along with a $50 non-refundable application review fee to:
Maryland Commission of Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies
and Home Inspectors
500 N. Calvert Street, 3rd Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202-3651
Current License Period
All original home inspector licenses are valid for two years commencing on the effective date that appears on the license. All renewals are issued on a two year cycle when renewed before their expiration date.
See the “License Requirements” feature on our website.
Application Process – Applying for an Original Home Inspector License
- Complete the application and remit photocopies of course certificates reflecting your completion of 72 hours of an on-site classroom-based training course approved by the Commission;
- Provide evidence of having obtained a high school diploma or its equivalent;
- Provide an examination score report verifying successful completion of the National Home Inspector Examination; and
- Remit a non-refundable application review fee in the amount of $50.
If your initial application is approved, you will be mailed an application and instructions that will allow you to proceed with the application process and to receive a license. In order to receive a license, you will be required to remit a license fee in the amount of $325, along with proof of having general liability insurance in the amount of at least $150,000. Thereafter, you will be issued a license for a two-year term.