Renew a Salon Permit - Cosmetologists
Please read ALL requirements and instructions before proceeding with the application process.
Salon permits must be renewed every two years. The Board automatically mails renewal packets and instructions to licensees approximately 60 days prior to the expiration date of the current license. If a permit holder does not receive the renewal information or a paper application is needed, the permit holder must call 410-230-6320 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a renewal application or information no less than 30 days prior to the expiration date.
To reinstate an expired beauty salon permit and avoid paying $150.00 new shop inspection fee, a permit holder must apply to the board within 45 days after the permit expires to meet renewal requirements and pay both a renewal fee and a reinstatement fee.
Please note: Business Occupations and Professions Article Section 5-605, Annotated Code of Maryland provides that you must be affiliated with a registered salon or registered barbershop to perform services.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- For best results, we recommend using the most recent version of your browser to access the electronic licensing programs. You can update your browser at no additional cost by visiting our browser information section.
- When you go online, you will create a password by identifying yourself with certain personal information. Then, with this password and your registration number, you will be able to renew your permit or update your registration record at your convenience with a password unique and more memorable to you.
- Employers need to have their workers compensation policy number and insurance company's name to complete the renewal forms.
- We are collecting your e-mail addresses for Board use in order to facilitate our communication with you.
TO RENEW YOUR PERMIT:
- Click on the “Renew a Salon Permit Online” link at the top of this page.
- Highlight your permit category from the pull-down box, and enter your registration number exactly as it appears on the data card. Follow the instructions to create your password or to use your previously created password.