Skip to Content Accessibility Information

Apply for a Reciprocal License - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors

Reciprocal Licensing

The HVACR law permits individuals who have heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration licenses in other states* to apply for a Maryland license. Reciprocal licensing is permissible if the state and the Maryland HVACR Board have entered into a reciprocal agreement and the individual:

  1. Meets the qualifications of Maryland's HVACR law;
  2. Holds an active license in good standing in the other state;
  3. Holds a license that is equivalent to the Maryland HVACR license; and
  4. Became licensed in the other state after meeting, in that state, requirements for licensure that are at least equivalent to the licensing requirements of this state, including the number of years of work experience required by the Maryland law.

*The Board currently has reciprocal agreements with Delaware and Virginia.