Renew or Reinstate a License - Professional Engineers
Please read ALL requirements and instructions before proceeding with the application process.
Renewal notices are sent approximately 60 days before expiration of the license. The renewal fee is for a two-year license. A reinstatement fee of $100 will be automatically assessed if your license is expired.
Note: You cannot renew online prior to 60 days before your license expires. If you attempt to renew one day late or more, the reinstatement fee will automatically be assessed on your license renewal fee. You will also be audited for your Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) requirements.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- For best results, we recommend using the most recent version of your browser to access the electronic licensing programs. You can update your browser at no additional cost by visiting our browser information section.
- When you go online, you will create a password by identifying yourself with certain personal information. Then, with this password and your registration number, you will be able to apply for a license, renew, or update your registration record at your convenience with a password unique and more memorable to you.
- Employers need to have their workers compensation policy number and insurance company's name to complete the renewal forms.
- A firm’s managing agent must renew his or her individual license before the firm’s permit may be renewed.
- Firms may not cover all employees' renewal fees with one charge transaction, but may do so with individual charges.
- We are collecting your e-mail addresses for Board use in order to facilitate our communication with you.
TO RENEW OR REINSTATE YOUR LICENSE:
- Click on the “Renew or Reinstate a License” link at the top of this page.
- Enter your registration number exactly as it appears on the data card. Follow the instructions to create your password, or to use your previously created password.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation of the completed transaction. Please ensure your e-mail address is updated with the Board.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSE REINSTATEMENT
As part of the review process for license reinstatement, please submit to the Board one of the following:
Send this information to the Board by:
Mail – 1100 N. Eutaw Street, Room 121, Baltimore, MD 21201
E-mail – DLOPLCPCAudit-LABOR@maryland.gov *** PREFERRED ***
You must submit proof of completion of the required CPC hours within 30 days of applying on line for reinstatement. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected for failing to submit a complete application. The application fee and reinstatement fee will be refunded.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSE REINSTATEMENT:
- A licensee shall complete a minimum of 16 PDH units earned from the participation in and completion of qualified programs described as:
- Technical, research, analytical, or design aspects of engineering;
- Laws and regulations applicable to the practice of engineering in Maryland;
- Engineering-related computer hardware and software topics;
- Standards of practice or care;
- Professional engineering ethics;
- Project management, risk assessment and management, or emergency amd disaster management; or
- Similar topics aimed to maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensees field of practice.
- A minimum of 1 PDH in each biennial licensing term shall be earned from the participation in the completion of qualifying programs with content related to the following:
- The awareness of ethical concerns and conflicts related to the practice of engineering;
- An enhanced familiarity with the code of conduct for professional engineers;
- An understanding of standards of practice or care related to the practice of engineering; or
- Laws and regulations applicable to the practice of engineering in Maryland.
- A maximum of 8 PDH hours earned in excess of 16 units that are required for a license renewal during the licensing term can be carried forward to apply as credit toward the next individual licensing term.