Continuing Professional Competency Requirements - Professional Land Surveyors
The law requires that all licensed professional land surveyors and property line surveyors comply with continuing professional competency requirements as a prerequisite to their license renewal.
A. A licensee shall complete, as a condition of a license renewal in each individual 2-year renewal cycle, a minimum of 24 CPC units earned from the participation in and upon completion of qualifying activities described in Regulation .04.
B. A minimum of 4 CPC units in every individual 2-year renewal cycle shall be earned from the participation in and upon completion of qualifying activities with content areas related to the following:
(1) Minimum Standards of Practice;
(2) Legal cases, commentaries, and other related materials as they apply to the law of land boundaries in Maryland;
(3) The awareness of ethical concerns and conflicts;
(4) An enhanced familiarity with the codes of conduct;
(5) An understanding of standards of practice or care; or
(6) Similar topics aimed at maintaining, improving, or expanding the skills set and knowledge necessary to practice land surveying services or property line surveying services in the most ethical and responsible manner.
C. A licensee may carry over no more than 12 CPC units earned in excess of 24 CPC units, provided that the CPC units intended for the carryover have been earned on or before December 31, 2018. No carryover shall be permitted for any excess CPC units earned after January 1, 2019
View the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR).