Apply for a Reciprocal Appraiser License - Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies and Home Inspectors
- Apply for a reciprocal appraiser license online - APPRAISERS ONLY **Shortest processing time**
If you opt to apply using the paper application, e-mail the completed form to DLOPLRealEstateAppraiser-LABOR@maryland.gov.
Requirements and Application process
To obtain a Maryland certification issued by the Commission, an out-of-state applicant must:
- Complete the reciprocal appraiser application;
- Be identified on the National Registry of The Appraisal Subcommittee as an active appraiser that currently conforms to the AQB criteria;
- Not have received disciplinary action that limits or prevents the ability to complete the practice of real property appraising; and
- Not have lost a license to practice real estate appraising by revocation, suspension or voluntary surrender.
Upon review of an appraiser’s application and the National Registry, the Commission may also require an appraiser to:
File with the Commission a letter of good standing, license history, or other proof of good standing issued to the applicant for reciprocity by the out-of-state appraiser regulatory agency.
License Period: Three years from the date of issuance.