Apply for an Original Home Inspector License - Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies and Home Inspectors
- Download an application for home inspector license
After completing the application, mail it along with a $50 non-refundable application review fee to:
Maryland Commission of Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies
and Home Inspectors
500 N. Calvert Street, 3rd Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202-3651
Current License Period
All original home inspector licenses are valid for two years commencing on the effective date that appears on the license. All renewals are issued on a two year cycle when renewed before their expiration date.
See the “License Requirements” feature on our website.
Application Process – Applying for an Original Home Inspector License
- Complete the application and remit photocopies of course certificates reflecting your completion of 72 hours of an on-site classroom-based training course approved by the Commission;
- Provide evidence of having obtained a high school diploma or its equivalent;
- Provide an examination score report verifying successful completion of the National Home Inspector Examination; and
- Remit a non-refundable application review fee in the amount of $50.
If your initial application is approved, you will be mailed an application and instructions that will allow you to proceed with the application process and to receive a license. In order to receive a license, you will be required to remit a license fee in the amount of $325, along with proof of having general liability insurance in the amount of at least $150,000. Thereafter, you will be issued a license for a two-year term.