Continuing Education Requirements - Certified Interior Designers
- To qualify for renewal of a certificate under this subtitle, a certificate holder shall earn during each two-year certificate term at least one continuing education unit in two or more courses that the Board approves.
- A continuing education unit consists of 10 hours of study.
- Of the 10 hours of required CEU, one hour must focus on principles of sustainable design, defined in COMAR 09.18.03 as follows:
A design process that utilizes an integrated approach aimed at:
- The conservation of energy, water, and raw material resources;
- The prevention of environmental degradation; and
- The overall creation of healthy, livable, and productive environments."
View the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR).