File an Original Exam Application - CPA Examination - Public Accountancy
NASBA will only be accepting applications from individuals who have graduated from a college or a university and have earned at least a baccalaureate degree on or before today's date.
Applicants must request that transcripts include the type of degree conferred and the date of graduation.
Welcome to the Board of Public Accountancy's online Uniform CPA Examination Qualification Review Application. If you have graduated from a college or university with a degree in accounting or its equivalent, you can complete and file the application here. This application will permit you to file the core course work in accounting and ethics courses that you need to qualify for the Uniform CPA Examination, and the business related subject matter that is required to obtain a CPA license.
The application allows you to claim all of the relevant courses that you have completed to date, both to qualify for the CPA examination and for a CPA license. You will be able to access this application again at the time you want to get licensed to add any courses that you may now be lacking.
- You can complete your application at your own pace.
You can start and stop your application at any time. You can save or change information that you enter as many times that you want until you actually submit the application.
- You can check the status of your application after you submit it.
You can track the Board's receipt of your academic transcripts, Advanced Placement (AP) or CLEP and other education documents, and where your application is in the review process.
- You can make changes to your contact information at any time.
Even after you submit your application you can change your address, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
- Name Changes
Name changes after an application is submitted may only be made by completing the name change form (Word).
Before you begin the application process online please take the time to:
- Read the instructions thoroughly.
- Compare the subject matter and the titles of the courses that you have completed with the Chart of Subject Matter (Word) to determine whether the courses qualify. Pay particular attention to how the Board describes qualifying courses to determine if your courses are acceptable.
- Complete the core course inventory worksheet (Word).
- Refer to the completed worksheet as you fill out the online application. The worksheet will make it easier for you to complete the application.
Please note that the evaluation of your application depends upon the completeness of the application, the receipt by the board of all of the pertinent documents, and the volume of applications that are received. It may take up to 120 days to evaluate your application, with the exception being in the Spring and Fall semester graduations which are peak application periods.