To access your funds with your card, free of charge, you can:
- Access cash through bank tellers at any bank that accepts Visa.
- Withdraw cash from a Bank of America ATM fee free.
- Get cash back at select retail point-of-sale locations.
- Make purchases through signature or pin-based transactions.
- Make 6 fee free withdrawals per month using an ATM outside of the Bank of America ATM network. The owner of the ATM may charge a fee.
You will also have the option of having your Ul benefits transferred into your personal bank account, similar to direct deposit. Bank of America will include
instructions for choosing this option when you receive the Ul debit card package. You must have an e-mail address for direct transfer.
Report any address change immediately to the Division of Unemployment Insurance ONLY, by calling 410-949-0022 or 1-800 827-4839 (from outside Baltimore
area but within Maryland).
When you receive the card, for security purposes, be sure to immediately sign your name on the back of the card in ink. You cannot use the card until it has
To activate your card and create a PIN, you must call Bank of America at 1-855-847-2029; TTY 866-656-5913. PLEASE DIAL CAREFULLY! Choose a PIN that only
you would know. Never share your PIN or your card with anyone. You will be held legally responsible for all activity connected to the card.
Important: DO NOT THROW AWAY OR DESTROY your debit card if you stop filing for UI benefits as the card is valid for a three (3) year period.
ADDITIONAL DEBIT CARD INFORMATION