Flyers, Forms, and Publications for Employers & Third Party Agents - Unemployment Insurance
- 2022 Tax Table C
Tax Table C, which is in effect for 2022
- BEACON 2.0 for Employers and Third-Party Agents.
BEACON introductory information and resources for employers and third-party agents.
- Contributory Employers
UI information for contributory employers.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) Overview
Overview of DUA program, which provides DUA benefits to individuals whose employment or self-employment was lost/interrupted due to a disaster.
- Employers: Control Your UI Costs
Tips for employers about keeping their UI taxes low.
- Employer Layoff Obligations
Information employers must report in the event of a layoff/business closure.
- Employers - Prevent Costly UI Fraud
Steps employers can take to prevent UI fraud.
- Quick UI Infolinks for Employers and Third-Party Agents
Helpful links to UI information.
- Reimbursable Employers
UI information for reimbursable employers.
- Work Sharing Layoff Aversion Program
Introduction to the Work Sharing program, which allows employees to temporarily reduce employee hours to avoid layoffs.
- Business Transfer Report (Word)
Use this report to notify the Maryland Department of Labor when transferring workforce or payroll from one business entity to another.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) (Word)
Information for Employers who pay via ACH Credit - you must update your transit routing number and Maryland Department of Labor bank account number!
Use this guide to learn to use the EFT method to pay quarterly UI tax payments.
- Excess Wage Calculator (Excel)
Use this spreadsheet to compute excess wages for the quarterly contribution report.
- Power of Attorney Authorization Form
Use this form to request representation by a third party
- Request For Investigation of Unemployment Insurance Fraud
- Request for Wage Adjustment form, DUI 21 (Word)
Use this form to request that the Division of Unemployment Insurance recalculate wages paid to employees (that are used for UI tax purposes).
Publications and Videos
- BEACON 2.0 Account Activation for Employers with an Unemployment Insurance Account (Instructions)
Instructions for activating a BEACON 2.0 account for employers who have Maryland UI accounts
- BEACON 2.0 New Employer Account Registration (Instructions)
Instructions for new employers to register for a Maryland UI account in BEACON 2.0
- Employers’ Quick Reference Guide
Detailed UI information for employers.
- Employers’ UI Contribution Information
Answers to employers’ frequently-asked questions about UI contributions, with definitions.
- Employment Related Posters & Notices
Posters (including required posters) and notices regarding UI and employment issues.
- Maryland Court of Appeals Decision, DLLR v. Nancy Fox
Legal decision regarding UI liability and independent contractors.
- Maryland Unemployment Insurance: What You Should Know (PowerPoint)
Essential Information about the UI process for employers and claimants.
- Quick UI Infolinks for Employers and Third-Party Agents (Reference Document)
- Unemployment Insurance Employers Resource Guide
Publication with links to relevant unemployment information for employers, including their rights and responsibilities.
- Spend Time to Save Money (Video)
How employers can reduce unemployment insurance (UI) costs.
- UI Tax Rate Information for Employers (Power Point)
Essential UI tax information for employers, including how UI tax rates are calculated, types of rates, and tax tables.
- Work Sharing
Information for employers about UI layoff aversion program.