Maryland's Unemployment Insurance Payment Plans - Unemployment Insurance Tax Rates for 2022 - Unemployment Insurance
In this economic time, the Maryland Division of Unemployment Insurance (the Division) has implemented an initiative to assist employers that may find themselves in a position of financial hardship. The Division seeks to assist employers in paying quarterly unemployment insurance taxes for calendar year 2022.
Listed below are the payment plan options that are available for all four quarterly unemployment insurance returns. Requests for payment plans should be made by the quarterly due dates of April 30, 2022, July 31, 2022, November 2, 2022, and February 1, 2023.
You may request a payment plan via BEACON. Employers who have questions may contact the Employer Call Center at 410-949-0033.
Payment plan options include:
- Quarterly Tax Return and Wage Report filed timely;
- 50% of tax paid when the Quarterly return is filed;
- Remaining tax due is spread over three equal monthly installments, due on the last day of the next three months;
- Note that the last installment of this plan coincides with the due date of the next quarter, and unless another payment plan is in place, the reports must be filed and the tax must be paid by the due date.
- Any individual plan that was established with the Division, which mutually serves the interest of the Division and the employer.