Training Provider Application for
Other Maryland Training Providers -
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
For training providers making initial application to be added to the Maryland Eligible Training Provider List of Occupational Training to be eligible for WIOA funding, follow Steps 1, 2, and 3.
Training providers that are already on the Maryland Eligible Training Provider List, begin with Step 3.
Step 1: To nominate a training provider to be added to the Maryland Eligible Training Provider List, it first must be established that the training provider is legally authorized to offer post-secondary training in Maryland.
- If the training provider does not have a letter from the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) granting exempt status, then a Training Provider Questionnaire must be completed by the training provider and submitted to MHEC for review and status determination prior to continuing to Step 2.
- If the training provider has a letter from MHEC granting exempt status, continue to Step 2.
Step 2: After receiving a letter from MHEC granting exempt status, to nominate an exempt training provider for inclusion on the Maryland Eligible Training Provider List, the training provider must submit the following completed document:
- WIOA Data/SSN Collection Affirmation Form (Word) -- to be completed and signed by the training provider.
Step 3: After receiving a letter from MHEC granting exempt status, to nominate program(s) to be added to the Maryland Eligible Training Provider List, the exempt training provider must submit the following documents for each occupational training program:
- Program Description and Nomination Form (Word) -- to be completed by the training provider and signed by authorized staff of a Maryland Local Workforce Development Board (LWDB) indicating the LWDB's approval to add the program to the WIOA Eligible Training Provider List.
- Verification of Minimum Program Performance (Word) -- to be completed by the training provider documenting that an existing program has at least a 61% employment rate for program graduates. A new program (in operation for fewer than twenty-four months) is exempt from this requirement.
This means that a new program may be eligible to be added to the ETPL without demonstrating that it meets the minimum performance standards and that this form does not apply to them.
Note: The data MUST be sent in electronic format, either on a CD, DVD, or via e-mail in Word or Excel file format. If sent via e-mail, the Word or Excel files MUST be password-protected with the password sent in a separate follow-up e-mail.